Seoul issues alert warning to “prepare to evacuate”
22 minutes later, the Ministry of the Interior said it was a “mistake”
The Seoul Metropolitan Government issued an alert for the Seoul area after North Korea fired what it claimed was a space launch vehicle to the south on the morning of Jan. 31.
The Joint Chiefs of Staff said at 6:32 a.m. that morning that “North Korea launched a space launch vehicle claimed by North Korea in a southerly direction.”
In response, the Seoul Metropolitan Government issued a state of alert in the Seoul area at 6:32 am. “Please prepare to evacuate, and prioritize evacuating children and the elderly,” the Seoul Metropolitan Government said in an emergency text message to residents at 6:41 a.m.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government issued a warning alert토토사이트 (above) after North Korea launched a space rocket on the morning of the 31st, but 22 minutes later, the Ministry of the Interior and Safety sent another emergency text message saying that the Seoul alert was a mistake.
However, the Ministry of the Interior and Safety sent another emergency text message at 7:03 a.m. to inform Seoul that the alert issued by the city was a mistake.
The ministry issued an alert to the Baekryong area. This was due to the firing of projectiles in the western direction. An air raid warning was sounded in the Baekryong area earlier in the day.
Earlier in the day, North Korea notified Japan and the International Maritime Organization (IMO) that it would launch a satellite between midnight today and midnight next month 11. According to the Voice of America (VOA), North Korea’s notification, which was published by the IMO, stated that it would launch a satellite rocket between 3 p.m. UTC on May 30 and 3 p.m. UTC on June 10 and included the coordinates of three sites where the rocket’s payload would fall.
The spot where the first stage rocket is believed to drop is about 253 kilometers west of Taean County, Chungnam Province, South Korea; the spot where the satellite’s covering fairing will drop is 284 kilometers west of Jindo County, Jeollanam-do Province; and the spot where the second stage rocket will drop is about 820 kilometers east of Manila, Philippines.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government sent out text messages asking people to return to their daily routines in response to the alert issued 31 days earlier.
Meanwhile, at 7:26 a.m., the Seoul Metropolitan Government sent a text message to the entire city saying that the alert had been lifted and to return to normal life.